Monday, 12 December 2016

Christmas

Recently I discovered my church does not celebrate  Christmas, it has left me with lots of confusion, as someone who follows jesus I try to follow the ways of his and praise God but this has left me with a hard choice of leaving this church. I think its unfair I should visit other churchs when I made a commitment to this church while they take a break… yes they even close during this time. When people need jesus, they need the church this church closes it doors.
Growing up I never believed in Jesus but at school they always had christmas plays which I hated, but loved at the same time. Though out the years I became more keen on the idea and enjoy it, but then I was faced with the most horrible thing that happen to me on Christmas day back in 2012 since then I struggle to even like Christmas but this is not about me its about Jesus and what he did for us.
He came and was born in a manger, what happen during his birth is something to remember and to be praised. Why would jesus not want us to praise him for what he did? Lets take a look at what the bible tells us.
Mathew 1. 28-25
 This is how the birth of Jesus the Messiah came about : His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be pregnant through the Holy Spirit. 
19 Because Joseph her husband was faithful to the law, and yet did not want to expose her to public disgrace, he had in mind to divorce her quietly. 
20 But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. 
21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.” 
22 All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: 
23 “The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel” (which means “God with us”). 
24 When Joseph woke up, he did what the angel of the Lord had commanded him and took Mary home as his wife. 
25 But he did not consummate their marriage until she gave birth to a son. And he gave him the name Jesus.

Take a look at the miracle in the above passage, number one mary was a virgin, how amazing is that as to what to follow when the angel showed up at joseph and spoke to him then joseph leaving and going to a much safer place  I also love the fact that joseph waited for his marriage only a Godly man would do that! A normal man would leave her and marry someone else! 
To be honest I struggle to understand a lot of the bible but I don’t think God would be mad at us at celebrating the birth of jesus Christ. It gives him glory and it brings people to Christ.

Why would God be so mad at us brining people to him? Is that not his plan?  I choose to celebrate jesus, what he did was amazing and I give him praise for that. We should never limit him and we should never stop giving him glory  I remember sitting down with my leader and asking her these questions and she asked me don’t the people need a break?  Am I not selfish? I left thinking I wonder if she knows that the devil is not on a break and I think he enjoys the fact that the church closes on Christmas season. If he had his way he close all the churchs ! maybe I was being selfish among other things I spoke about was the church failing to help me, it leaves me to more questions, I don’t know what is right or what is wrong but I know one thing is that my jesus who is my God would never agree with such a thing no matter how small a church is or how little the people there are, the devil is all over and he awaits like a prey lion ready to grab God children should we allow him to do this? ?  Its easy for people to get saved but how many people remain saved? Should that not be our goal?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment